Please join us for this free community event. The First Annual Shopping and Business Expo will be held in the Town of Bermuda Run at the stunning WinMock at Kinderton next Thursday, November 6 from 4-7 PM.
Over 40 vendors will be upstairs in the loft with a wide assortment of products and services for sale as well as area caterers and restaurants will be offering samples of their signature dishes.
The Davie Chamber will be showcasing Davie County wines for a donation to help support local Toys for Tots and Shop with a Cop.
This is your chance to get an early jump start on your holiday shopping while supporting our local businesses and keeping your dollars in the community.
The businesses you support by shopping in Davie County:
The iShopDavie campaign is designed to shine a spotlight on the importance of supporting businesses in Davie County.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Local
On a dollar-for-dollar basis, the local economic impact of shopping locally is significant. The following top 10 list from the Institute for Local Self Reliance helps to explain the benefits to the local economy.
1. Local Character and Prosperity – In an increasingly homogenized world, communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character have an economic advantage.
2. Community Well-Being – Locally owned businesses build strong communities by sustaining vibrant town centers, linking neighbors in a web of economic and social relationships, and contributing to local causes.
3. Local Decision-Making – Local ownership ensures that important decisions are made locally by people who live in the community and who will feel the impacts of those decisions.
4. Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy – Locally owned businesses recycle a large share of their revenue back into the local economy, enriching the whole community.
5. Job and Wages – Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and, in some sectors, provide better wages and benefits.
6. Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity, and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
7. Public Benefits and Costs – Local stores in town centers require comparatively little infrastructure and make more efficient use of public services relative to big box stores and strip shopping malls.
8. Environmental Sustainability – Local stores help to sustain vibrant, compact, walkable town centers-which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.
9. Competition – A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
10. Product Diversity – A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based, not on a national sales plan, but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
Download the Davie Chamber App Today
Think before you spend – check out what’s already here in Davie County. If you own a smartphone, download the Davie Chamber app from iTunes or Google Play for money saving coupons, information on local events, and more.
Why Support “iShopDavie”? Carolyn McManamy, President of the Davie Chamber says it best “When we choose to purchase goods and services in the community where we live, pay taxes and send our children to school, we are investing in the well-being of our community and also creating a more prosperous place to live. When we spend our money online or in other communities, we’re investing in their success, not ours. This Shopping Expo gives local consumers the chance to support several local businesses all under one roof and to have a positive impact on the economic vitality of our local business community.”
The Easiest Way to Stay Up To Date on Davie County Events
Remember to check the Davie Chamber events calendar to stay up to date on what’s going on in Davie County