Tips for Supporting the Local Economy
Tips on What You Can Do to Help Small Businesses
- Stay Healthy, Wash Your Hands Often, and Follow the NC Department of Health & Human Services Guidelines.
- Follow the Social Media Channels for Small Businesses in your Community.
- Connect Virtually with Small Businesses for Products and Services.
- Comment and Share Posts from Small Businesses.
- Shop Small/Shop Local Online or Over the Telephone.
- Leave 5-Star Reviews for Businesses that You LOVE.
- Order Take-Out from Local Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bakeries, etc.
- Promote Your Positive Experiences on Social Media.
- Buy Gift Cards NOW and Use Them Later.
Buy Items NOW for Future Pick Up or Put Them on Layaway.
- Tip Generously.
- Maintain Subscriptions to Health Clubs, Coffee Clubs, etc.
- Participate in Virtual Events and Activities Offered by Businesses.
- Help a Small Business Owner with Childcare.
- If You Know a Small Business Owner, Ask How You Can Help Them!
Small Businesses Need Customers
Note to Users: The references to companies mentioned herein are not intended as endorsements of services by the NC Main Street & Rural Planning Center. However, now, more than ever, is the time to share best practices and borrow from one another to provide resources for our communities.
“As individuals, we have to power to change the dynamics of our local economy, by making thoughtful choices about where we spend our money.” Liz Parham, Director, NC Main Street & Rural Planning Center
Our sincere thanks to the National Main Street Center, various state and local Main Street organizations, and many other partners for sharing information used to create this publication.
NC Main Street & Rural Planning Center 4346 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-4346 919-814-4658