Virtual Job Fair Offers More Than 50 Job Opportunities
Looking for a job? Look no further than Davie County. The NC Triad: Virtual Get Hired Event is for anyone looking for a new job or who would like to upgrade their life with a new, meaningful career.
Davie CONNECT, the Davie County Chamber of Commerce, and Davie County Economic Development Commission have partnered with the Piedmont Trial Workforce Development Board/PTRC to host this FREE virtual hiring event on February 10th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“Many of our Davie County employers are hiring right now and have several positions to fill. A virtual job fair provides a great way to connect our businesses to potential candidates in a safe and efficient manner,” said Carolyn McManamy, director of Davie CONNECT. “We commend the PTRC for providing this service to our community and look forward to hosting additional events in the months ahead.”
50+ Jobs Available!
Job Seekers will be able to interview with the following dynamic companies in Davie County that are hiring for a wide variety of positions including manufacturing engineers, manufacturing managers, distribution center supervisors, truck drivers, assemblers, shift-leads, and more, and not all open positions require a college degree.
- Ashley Furniture is the largest furniture manufacturer in the world with a complete line of residential bedding, case goods, and upholstered furniture.
- Avgol Nonwovens leads the global hygiene market with the most comprehensive range of ultra-lightweight spun-melt non-woven fabrics.
- Brakebush is a value-added processor of great tasting chicken products with over 200 products for foodservice, industrial, and chain accounts.
- Comfort Bilt is a leading manufacturer for the storm door and window industry.
- Dunlop Aircraft Tyres is the world’s only specialist aircraft tire manufacturer and re-treader.
- Patterson Companies is one of North America’s premier transportation management providers servicing the perishable and non-perishable markets.
- Ingersoll Rand supports the Compression Technology Services Branch of Ingersoll Rand through the manufacturing of Rotary, Centrifugal, and Thermo King air compressors and fabricating parts for our Trane businesses.
- Reeb custom-manufactures and distributes millwork products such as entry doors, interior doors, columns, and accessories stairs across the eastern United States.
- The Andersons is a diversified company rooted in agriculture that conducts business around the world in the commodity trading, ethanol, plant nutrient, and rail sectors.
Through this virtual event, you will be able to browse companies in the lobby, enter their booths, view open positions, and chat with HR representatives in real-time…all from the comfort of your home.
What to Expect at the Virtual Career Fair
Before the Fair:
- Register for the fair for FREE here
- Browse companies and open positions in the career fair lobby
- Update your resume
- Share the fair with friends and family!
- Check out the Tips for Success tab for ideas on how to shine
During the Fair | Feb 10, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m:
- Log on anytime between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (*Pro tip: Log on early to get in your favorite company’s queue ASAP!)
- Network and interview with the companies by entering their booths and engaging in chats
- Make note of your favorite positions and reps for follow up
You can also learn about all that Davie County has to offer at the Davie County Resource/Tourism Booth.
“I want to be able to showcase the exceptional features of Davie County to our potential job seekers,” said Caroline Moser, president of the Davie County Chamber of Commerce. “We have so much to offer with our superb education system, state-of-the-art healthcare, wonderful recreation outlets, award-winning wineries, top-notch shopping and restaurants, and workforce development, just to name a few. My hope is that they land a job and highly consider planting seeds in our community.”
Save the Date
Save the date and join us on Wednesday, February 10, 2021, from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. ‒ totally free of cost‒ to make meaningful connections that just might be the foot in the door you need to land your best job yet.
Follow this link to learn more and register now or scan the QR code on the flyer below to go directly to the registration website.